In this life and time, I have observed that materialism seems to overpower spirituality, greed is consuming love, apathy is perennial and empathy is scarce. Wherever I turn my eyes, I see this.
I asked myself, do I have to be a part of it or do I strive to make a difference? The choice is easy. I want to be a ray of light in this world.
To create a thousand lists on how I can make a difference is not difficult. How to do it all is the real challenge. So, I trimmed down my list to an achievable dozen things I can do to make my world a better place, in my own little way.
My Daily Dozen:
- Call my mother and let her know I love her.
- Let my son know I love him.
- Smile to at least 1 stranger.
- Say "Please" when I ask for something.
- Say "Thank You" to every favor received, no matter how small it is.
- Start and end my day with a prayer of gratitude.
- Count my blessings.
- Do a good deed to one person.
- Give a heartfelt compliment to one person.
- Send one inspiring SMS message to one friend.
- Offer a prayer of blessings to one person.
- Save at least a dollar for charity.